We are seeking assistant coaches to establish our club as a national championship competitor at every level. This position will be responsible for building a culture of values, understanding of what the standard is to be a nationally competitive club and training players from ages 10-18. The position will report to the age group Head Coach and Technical Director. An ideal candidate will enable the club to build a culture of values and will have 4 years of college playing experience and 5+ years of coaching experience.
We are seeking an individual with a combination of skills and experience:
- Playing Experience – 4 years of college playing experience minimum (preferably at a prominent Division I school)
- Coaching Experience – 5+ years of coaching experience minimum (preferably at a prominent national club)
- Long-term experience coaching male and female volleyball athletes at various age levels
- Strong, technical knowledge of the game for both females and males
- National or International coaching certifications for indoor and beach would be preferred (Must be willing to pursue certifications upon hire).
- Strong ability to train and mentor a wide variety of players, from entry-level through to experienced
- Strong ability to collaborate with staff
- Well known in the volleyball community and able to engage others to promote our technical development
- Love for the game and a desire to continue to grow the sport
This is a hands-on role with a minimum level of administrative activities. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with an age group Head Coach and Technical Director who oversees our technical program and complementary programs (physical training, mental training) to ensure we train the whole athlete
- Reviewing and refining the technical skills syllabus used by the club and developing other coaching resources with an age group Head Coach and Technical Director
- Working with Club Director, Director of Volleyball and an age group Head Coach to meet the required best practices standard of organization, administration, training, culture and values of the club.
>this includes wearing only adidas products at all times in any official club facility and during any official club activity
> this includes using official club systems, app(s) and other solutions
> all staff will be trained to use and edit on hudl
> all staff will communicate with players solely through Drivn
> maintaining all assigned equipment
- Caching teams individually or with an age group Head Coach in tournaments, matches and/or training.
- Attending executive, director, coach, player and parent meetings
- Conducting coach and athlete skill clinics, recruiting guest coaches to assist
- Assisting other coaches whose teams are competing in key events
- Facilitating tryouts and team selections
- Be willing to work and travel weekends and over holidays is a must
This is a part time paid position with no benefits. We reserve the right to offer compensation commensurate with skills, experience and certification level.
Base: $12,000.00 per year
Bonus, Expenses (approved)